1K views
1.3

Very disappointed in Redfin as a whole.While Diana Tomiano was very nice and did sell our home I would NEVER consider using Redfin again.

After evaluating the entire process, I am convinced that in the future I could sell my home by owner and have a much smoother process. Starting with the offer we had, it was communicated to us that the buyers were making an offer with 80% of the purchase price down. With that type of offer we didn't even listen to any other offers, which could have yielded a higher selling price. When called on it, the agent kindly said that's why she sends us the contracts to read.

At the same time, isn't that why I hire an agent? To interpret the contracts? Also, our closing was being delayed and it took emails with other parties to discover that the buyers lender requested an appraisal nearly 2 weeks prior to it being completed. Our agents delay in the appraisal cost us to delay the closing and almost lose the home we were purchasing.

All in all, Diana is nice but we feel she made to many errors to be happy. I'm really disappointed and really feel the amount of money we had to pay Redfin should have been cut in half. I could have accomplished all of this myself. I will also use this opportunity to review another agent which I wanted to submit a review for but could not.

We initially were using Derrick Creasy to purchase a home and after a few offers and contracts, it became very clear this person does not look out for the buyers best interest. He was not present for numerous showings and was clearly out to make a quick sale. On one home that we went under contract, the driveway downsloped creating a potential flood issue in the garage and basement. After a large rain I asked Derrick if he could meet me there to see what the garage looked like.

His response was" I'm not available this week, you need to schedule your own showing." Another interesting note with Derrick and Redfin is the question on whether or not selling and purchasing agents work together in the background. The first home we went under contract on was also being sold by Redfin. When we told Derrick we wanted to put in an offer he suggested immediately that it had to be for asking price. After the initial offer he informed us that the sellers responded and had numerous offers above asking price.

We asked his advice and he said we would really have to go above to be considered. Our offer got accepted at nearly 16,000 above asking. Thankfully, the inspection didn't pan out and we were able to pull from the deal. Not more than a month later we received a notification that this home sold for the original asking price.

With how Derrick was with us, really makes us speculate that there weren't any other offers on this house and that the Redfin agents were working together to jack up the price.

There is really so much that went wrong that we experienced, I could write a ton more.All in all disappointing and I will be certain to recommend to all my friends to never consider this company for any services.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of a product or service from Redfin. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $4000 and wants Redfin to issue a partial refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was service, knowledge, communication and price. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: Keller Williams Realty or Remax. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Redfin for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Redfin?

Comments

Fremont, California, United States #1249886

Highly doubtful that either Redfin agent would have been paid a single dollar more for selling the home for 16k over asking price.That's not how Redfin agents are paid, if they were paid like traditional agents then yes they would have made a few hundred dollars more.

Also highly doubtful that the appraiser did not also reach out to the buyer's agent if they were not immediately able to reach the listing agent, in fact many appraisers reach out to the buyer's agent first since it's technically the buyer's lender who is placing an appraisal order. The buyer can easily lose a home with a delay like that so it behooves them to make sure the appraisal is being completed as quickly as possible.

Sounds like the lender dropped the ball and didn't order the appraisal on time and then tried to blame either the appraiser or the agents.Either agent can arrange to open the house for the appraisal.