Redfin Realtor Review from Newport Beach, California

Wow.Working in an extremely professional high end sales environment, i could not believe my recent REDFIN experience.

Mike Demello responded promptly to my inquiry about a property, i wondered how many 2brs were available in a new complex going up on kakaako. He told me "none" they were not for sale yet. Which was wrong. The complex had been for sale for some time.

I was a little taken aback that he could provide such incorrect information to me so readily without checking the info, so assumed that the region i was inquiring about, must not be his area of expertise and asked if i might work with someone who knew the area well. He insolently told me HE knew more than anyone, and thst EVERYONE else asked HIM questions because he knew more than anyone. And that if I did not work with him, redfin did not want my business. I was flabbergasted.

About his unprofessionalism. It was Crazy. Why would he not want me to be best helped, and why would he not want his company to make money when i expressed i was a well qualified buyer. All the warnings i had heard about these half baked realty organizations, with less than professional employees ripped through my brain.

How unfortunate that this experience showed that in "value" truly get what you pay for. Wow. I then tried to work with another agent i had worked with previously... when he attempted to help me mike told him he was not allowed to, as mike had deemed me not serviceable (because i did not want to work with HIM) wow.

How greedy. I really liked the other agent Gene. He was polite and helpful. Mike called yo tell me Gene was not allowed to work with me, as if to rub in "see if you would have worjed with me we would have helped you".

It was apalling. When i asked what i had done to be subject to this treatment, he had nothing to say, then told me i was not allowed to work with the company because i had told him he was incompetant. Well yes he had been. But i said it in action by asking not to work with him.

Am i not allowed to ask this? Mike gave me incorrect information, then told me redfin did not want my business when i asked to work with someone else. I never swore at him or was rude to him. I just simply stated i wanted to work with a different representative.

Mike did not want anyone else in his company to make money if he did not get the sale. MIKE lost his company $$$, $$$ and respect. Sorry Redfin. But wow.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Product or service
Review category
Real Estate
review #821807 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Redfin? Submit review ›
Helpful? 5 Yes 5 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Leung Liamg Lian

Aug 16 #1199627 Manhattan, New York

Mike has an interesting clientele. Thus far..somebody's paying attention bro

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Redfin. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Redfin.
Filing a new complaint about